Halftime Observations as Eagles Lead Cowboys 14-0
before the snap." width="585" height="329" />
Michael Vick has two touchdown passes and the Eagles hold a 14-0 halftime lead over the Cowboys.
- With the Giants 29-14 win over the Jets at the Meadowlands, the Eagles playoff hopes finally died. At 6-8, the Birds are now eliminated and playing only for pride the rest of the way.
- Looking back on the season, two things really jump out at you: 1) Turnovers 2) Defensive Struggles Early.
- As far as the turnovers are concerned, to some extent it was just bad luck. Sometimes the ball doesn’t bounce your way when it’s tipped up into the air, sometimes a defender gets a perfect shot to knock it loose. Still, some of the blame goes to the Eagles and, in particular, Michael Vick, who could have made better decisions with the ball early this year.
- The early season struggles on defense had a lot to do with Juan Castillo’s learning curve and the adjustments to having three free agents in the starting lineup as well as a young, non-solidified linebacking corps with constant lineup changes.
- Ultimately, though, Andy Reid and the powers that be should have realized that with a shortened offseason, making a bunch of roster moves would be risky due to the lack of time to integrate everybody.
- Now, onto the first half of the Eagles/Cowboys game. Philadelphia’s offense came out firing on all cylinders on the first drive before Dallas starting getting pressure with some blitzes.
- The Eagles need to either pick up the blitz or burn it for quick hitting plays in the second half. Otherwise, Rob Ryan will keep bringing it.
- The Eagles can also run against the blitz, as they didn’t give LeSean McCoy very many touches in the first half.
- Defensively, with Tony Romo sidelined due to a bruised throwing hand, Stephen McGee is running the Cowboys’ offense. Philadelphia should get after him aggressively and test him.
- Once again, with Jason Avant’s fumble inside the 1-yardline, we see mistakes hurting the Eagles offense. It’s hard to fault Avant for going for the pylon, but the Eagles can’t give away the chance for points once they’re inside the red zone.
- Nearing the end of the half, the Eagles already appear to be adjusting as Michael Vick has plenty of time to throw and is picking apart the Cowboys’ defense.
- Vick is showing poise in the pocket and making good decisions. It’s a shame for the Eagles’ sake that they picked up their play too late in the season, as they appear nearly unbeatable when they play smart football.
Please follow Ryan Messick on Twitter and like Philly Sports Report on Facebook.
5. Motivation - It only checks in at number five because it's still up in the air, but if the Giants win over the Jets, the Eagles know their playoff ...
The Eagles don't know yet whether they'll be playing for their lives when they get started, but they know they can't afford a loss. If the Birds fall, their season ...
The Eagles came out firing, as Kurt Coleman's forced fumble and Juqua Parker's scoop and score spotted the offense a 7-0 lead that soon turned into a 28-0 lead.
After Mark ...
Vince Young's job is pretty simple. Manage the game and don't turn the ball over. Turnovers have haunted the Eagles all season, and they have enough playmakers around Young, even ...
LINCOLN FINANCIAL FIELD, PHILADELPHIA, Pa. -- The Philadelphia Eagles obliterated the Dallas Cowboys 34-7 as LeSean McCoy rushed for a career-high 185 yards and Michael Vick picked apart Rob Ryan's ...
Michael Vick could not be playing any better, best illustrated by his touchdown pass to Brent Celek. Vick has a natural tendency to want to get out of the pocket ...
The Eagles offense came out looking a bit shaky after the Birds won the coin toss. Philadelphia called a deep passing play for DeSean Jackson, which was incomplete when Vick ...
Michael Vick was 4-for-6 for 74 yards and a touchdown toss to Brent Celek and the Eagles lead the Ravens 10-3 at halftime of the preseason opener. Vick and the ...
Five Keys to an Eagles Win Over the
Eagles Visit Cowboys With Postseason Hopes On the
Halftime Observations as Eagles Lead Jets 28-13
Halftime Observations as Eagles Lead Giants 10-3
Eagles Demolish Cowboys 34-7 as McCoy, Vick Lead
Halftime Observations as Eagles Dominate Cowboys 24-0
Halftime Observations as Eagles Lead Redskins 20-3
Eagles Lead Ravens 10-3 at Halftime